The credit cards available from Vanilla Visa are actually gift cards that can be given for various occasions. The thing that makes Vanilla Visa cards worth purchasing is the fact that they can be used anywhere that Visa credit cards are accepted. There are two types of cards available through Vanilla Visa and they are the Vanilla Visa Gift Card and the Vanilla Visa Reward Card. Although the actual steps to checking your balance for either of these cards is notably similar, they will require going to a different area of the Vanilla Visa website, so directions have been broken into two parts to ensure that there is no ambiguity as far as balance checking is concerned.
Other actions available through the website include viewing your balance history, card setup, changing the PIN associated with the card and more. One important thing that is worth noting as far as accessing your card’s online information is concerned is that unlike the vast majority of credit cards available out there, those offered through Vanilla Visa will not require you to go through a registration or enrollment process, as you will soon see when logging in to your online account.
Vanilla Visa Rewards Card Balance Check
The Vanilla Visa Rewards Card is designed to be given to people for a job well done. This can be for work colleagues, relatives who have recently reached a milestone and children who are doing well in school, among others. If you have been the recipient of or use a Vanilla Visa Rewards Card, you can check the balance left on it by following these steps:
- Navigate to the Vanilla Visa web site by pointing your browser to vanillavisa.com
- Click the “Vanilla Visa Reward Card” button on the right side of the welcome graphic
- Type in your 16 digit Vanilla Visa card number
- Enter the expiration date – this can be found just underneath the card number
- Input the card’s CVV, which you can find as the three digits after the signature panel on the back of the card
- Click the “Go” button and your card balance will be displayed
Check Balance of Vanilla Visa Gift Card
For those with a Vanilla Visa Gift Card, the steps to check the balance are fairly similar to those written above. Follow the steps below to check your balance:
- Go to the Vanilla Visa website linked in step one in the guide above
- Click the “Vanilla Visa Gift Card” link
- Enter your card number, expiration date and CVV (3-digit security code after signature panel on back of card) into their respective fields
- Click the “Go” button to see your balance